What kinds of information should be encrypted?
Financial penalties for you personally, the School, and the University could accrue for failing to protect restricted information.
- All sensitive data--patient related or not--requires encryption. Sensative data includes, but is not limited to:
- Identity information (Social Security numbers, California driver’s license or identification card numbers)
- Financial account information (checking, savings and credit card account numbers)
- Student record information (grades, financial aid information)
- Medical record information (diagnoses, treatment information, identity information included in medical records)
- Other information may be considered sensitive such as: