Recent articles and books by Academy members, and related news.
- Hauer KE, Chesluk B, Iobst W, Holmboe E, Baron RB, Boscardin CK, Cate OT, O'Sullivan PS. Reviewing Residents' Competence: A Qualitative Study of the Role of Clinical Competency Committees in Performance Assessment. Acad Med. 2015 Apr 17. PMID: 25901876
- O'brien BC, Hirsh D, Krupat E, Batt J, Hansen LA, Poncelet AN, Ogur B, Hauer KE. Learners, performers, caregivers, and team players: Descriptions of the ideal medical student in longitudinal integrated and block clerkships. Med Teach. 2015 Apr 20:1-9. PMID: 25894329
- Sokal-Gutierrez K, Ivey SL, Garcia RM, Azzam A. Evaluation of the Program in Medical Education for the Urban Underserved (PRIME-US) at the UC Berkeley-UCSF Joint Medical Program (JMP): The First 4 Years. Teach Learn Med. 2015 Apr-Jun;27(2):189-96. doi: 10.1080/10401334.2015.1011650.
PMID: 25893941 [PubMed - in process]
- Adler SR, Chang A, Loeser H, Cooke M, Wang J, Teherani A. The Impact of
Intramural Grants on Educators' Careers and on Medical Education Innovation. Acad Med. 2015 Mar 7. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 25760956 [PDF available]
- Chan TM, Thoma B, Lin M. Creating, Curating, and Sharing Online Faculty Development Resources: The Medical Education in Cases Series Experience.
Acad Med. 2015 Mar 17. PMID: 25785678
- Reardon CL, Bentman A, Cowley DS, Dunaway K, Forstein M, Girgis C, Han J, Hung E, Jones J, Keeble T, McCarron RM, Varley CK. General and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Resident Training in Integrated Care: a Survey of Program Directors.
Acad Psychiatry. 2015 Mar 17. PMID: 25778670
- Sierles FS, Kessler KH, Mintz M, Beck G, Starr S, Lynn DJ, Chao J, Cleary LM, Shore W, Stengel TL, Brodkey AC. Changes in Medical Students' Exposure to and Attitudes About Drug Company Interactions From 2003 to 2012: A Multi-Institutional Follow-up Survey. Acad Med. 2015 Mar 17. PMID: 25785675
- Thoma B, Chan TM, Paterson QS, Milne WK, Sanders JL, Lin M. Emergency Medicine and Critical Care Blogs and Podcasts: Establishing an International Consensus on Quality. Ann Emerg Med. 2015 Mar 25. pii: S0196-0644(15)00189-4. doi: 10.1016/j.annemergmed.2015.03.002. PMID: 25840846
- Aronson L, Bautista CA, Covinsky K. Medicare and care coordination: expanding the clinician's toolbox. JAMA. 2015 Feb 24;313(8):797-8. doi: 10.1001/jama.2014.18174. No abstract available. PMID: 25710653 [PubMed - in process]
- Chen HC, O'sullivan P, Teherani A, Fogh S, Kobashi B, Ten Cate O. Sequencing learning experiences to engage different level learners in the workplace: An interview study with excellent clinical teachers. Med Teach. 2015 Feb 19:1-8. PMID: 25693794
- R Kogan J, Lapin J, Aagaard E, Boscardin C, Aiyer MK, Cayea D, Cifu A, Diemer G, Durning S, Elnicki M, Fazio SB, Khan AR, Lang VJ, Mintz M, Nixon LJ, Paauw D, Torre DM, Hauer KE. The effect of resident duty-hours restrictions on internal medicine clerkship experiences: surveys of medical students and clerkship directors. Teach Learn Med. 2015;27(1):37-50. doi: 10.1080/10401334.2014.979187. PMID: 25584470
Webb EM, Vella M, Straus CM, Phelps A, Naeger DM. Interpretive Versus Noninterpretive Content in Top-Selling Radiology Textbooks: What Are We Teaching Medical Students? Acad Radiol. 2015 Jan 15. pii: S1076-6332(14)00451-6. doi: 10.1016/j.acra.2014.11.005.Archive
Advances in Health Sciences Education
Evaluation & the Health Professions
JAMA (annually, a fall issue is devoted to medical education)
Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions
Journal of Interprofessional Care
Journal of the National Medical Association
Teaching and Learning in Medicine
The Clinical Teacher
Academic Emergency Medicine
American Journal of Medicine
American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Annals of Internal Medicine
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Journal of Hospital Medicine
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Western Journal of Emergency Medicine