From left: Dean Sam Hawgood, MBBS, Michelle Lin, MD, Molly Cooke, MD, and Harry Hollander, MD at the Celebration of New Members in 2010.
Photo credit: Elisabeth Fall.
12th Annual Celebration of New Members
The Celebration on September 24, 2012 featured the induction of new members and the presentation of the Boyden Award, the Service Award and the Excellence in Teaching Awards.
In September 2012, the Academy inducted new members:
- Kenny Banh, MD - Emergency Medicine / UCSF Fresno
- David Duong, MD, MS - Emergency Medicine
- Ellen Haller, MD - Psychiatry
- Gregory Hendey, MD - Emergency Medicine / UCSF Fresno
- Renee Kinman, MD, PhD - Pediatrics / UCSF Fresno
- Lindsay Mazotti, MD - Medicine, Kaiser Permanente
- Meg McNamara, MD - Pediatrics
- Heather Nye, MD, PhD - Medicine
- Glenn Rosenbluth, MD - Pediatrics
- Brian Schwartz, MD - Medicine / Infectious Diseases
- Emily Webb, MD - Radiology and Biomedical Imaging
- Serena Yang, MD, MPH - Pediatrics / UCSF Fresno
The 2012 Boyden Award recipients are:
- Lisa Carella - Administrative Director and Clerkship Coordinator, Student Programs Office, Department of Medicine
- Aisha Queen-Johnson - Program Manager, UCSF PRIME-US, Department of Family and Community Medicine
The 2012 Excellence in Teaching Award Winners
This year's Keynote Address:
"Advancing Educators and Education: The Role of Academies"
Lisa D. Coplit, MD
Associate Dean for Assessment and Faculty Development
Associate Professor of Medicine
Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine, Quinnipiac University