From left: S. Andrew Josephson, MD (at podium); David Duong, MD, MS; Dean Sam Hawgood, MBBS; Vice Dean Catherine Lucey, MD; and Helen Loeser, MD, MSc at the Celebration of New Members in 2012.
Photo credit: Elisabeth Fall/fallfoto.com
13th Annual Celebration of New Members
The Celebration on September 23, 2013 featured the induction of new members and the presentation of the Boyden Awards and the Excellence in Teaching Awards.
In September 2013, the Academy inducted six new members:
- Paul D. Francis, MD, FAAP, FACC- Pediatrics / UCSF Fresno
- Edward Kim, MD - Surgery
- Jolie A. Limon, MD, FAAP - Pediatrics / UCSF Fresno
- Patricia S. O'Sullivan, EdD - Medicine
- Arianne Teherani, PhD - Medicine
- Lori Weichenthal, MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine / UCSF Fresno
The 2013 Boyden Award recipients were:
- Elaine Chow - Education Coordinator, Division of Geriatrics, Department of Medicine
- Sylvia DeCourcey - Manager of Educational Evaluations, Office of Medical Education, School of Medicine
Excellence in Teaching Award Winners for 2012-2013
The year's Keynote Address:
"The Future of Medical Education in the E-Learning Ecosystem"
Marc Triola, MD, FACP
Associate Dean for Educational Informatics
Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine
NYU School of Medicine
- Access a copy of Dr. Triola's presentation
Academy director Helen Loeser, MD, MSc, presented the Academy Annual Address