Education Symposium 2014: Poster Guidelines
Digital poster instructions, tips and info about the templates on this website
Congratulations! We’re delighted that you will be presenting a poster at UCSF Education Symposium 2014. The poster session will be held on Monday, April 21 between 12-4:30 in the UCSF Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) located on the 2nd Floor of the Library on the Parnassus campus. You will be assigned to one of three poster sessions.
On this page you’ll find several poster templates (below). Click here to download a PDF of these instructions.
Please observe the following requirements:
- 36:48 height to width ratio is optimal for the flat screen displays in the TLC
- Use dark text against a pale/light background
- Use a minimum font size of 18 pt (exception: references can be listed in smaller fonts)
- Ariel and Time Roman (not Times New Roman) are optimal fonts
- Retain 1/32” to 1/16” borders on left and right sides of your slide(s)
- Retain the blue logo and title bar at the top and the color stripe at the bottom
- Sign up for and attend a poster testing session. We will schedule 4 testing sessions with experienced TLC technicians and you MUST attend at least one. Poster testing is required so that you can adjust the resolution on the device you’ll use during the Symposium, see how your poster looks on the monitors and make any improvements /troubleshoot any issues with the help of a technician. Testing your poster is critical and will greatly reduce the chance you’ll have a problem the day of the Symposium. Please don’t count on getting tech help the day of the Symposium.
- Poster authors will receive information about signing up for poster testing via email.
- Test your poster using the EXACT device you’ll be using on April 21.
Posters with embedded multimedia:
- If you embed video in your poster, be sure the clips are stored in your presentation folder (along with any images) or on your device. Please DO NOT rely on being able to connect to the internet in the TLC.
- Mute the sound on videos.
- Save PowerPoints as PDFs to optimize viewing (PDFs have better resolution lines)
- To assist you with creating a digital poster, we have created several templates. You may use whichever template best fits the content of your poster, and modify the template as needed
- The templates include the following exemplars:
- 3-column format
- 4-column format
- format that includes an embedded small image
- format that includes an embedded small video (large file - takes time to download)
- format that allows you to “zoom-in” on a subsection of the poster during your mini-presentation
Click to sample some of the posters presented in 2013 (please note that they may not reflect guidelines for 2014).
Contact Kathleen Land at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-514-9259.
EDUCATION SYMPOSIUM SCHEDULE:
MONDAY, APRIL 21
8:00 am - Noon
8:00-8:30 am: Registration, continental breakfast
Noon - 4:30 pm
Noon - Luncheon buffet served
1:45-2:45 pm - Moderated poster session#2
3:15-4:15 pm - Moderated poster session#3
TUESDAY, APRIL 22
WORKSHOPS (presented concurrently)