From left: Cynthia Ashe, Helen Loeser, Kathleen Land, and Karen Brent
Photo credit: Elisabeth Fall/fallfoto.com
Dr. Dan Lowenstein and the "Blue Skies" curriculum task force conceived of the academy idea in 1998, as a means to revitalize the teaching mission of the UCSF School of Medicine. Within two years, then-Dean Haile T. Debas secured the endorsement of department chairs and committed funding for operations and the matched endowed chair program. The Academy was among the first cross-departmental programs in the country designated to broadly support and advance the teaching mission.
Founding director Molly Cooke, MD was appointed in 2000, and the first class of 24 members was inducted in 2001. Helen Loeser, MD, MSc, succeeded Dr. Cooke in 2012; she holds the William G. Irwin Endowed Chair.
Working closely with the Office of Medical Education, the AME delivers ambitious programs to teachers across the medical education continuum at UCSF. AME members play a leading role in medical education locally and nationally.
- Helen Loeser, MD, MSc, Director
- Cynthia Ashe, Manager, email@example.com
- Kathleen Land, Sr. Programs Analyst, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Brent, Programs Analyst, email@example.com - supports Dr. Loeser. Please contact via email or main phone line (415) 514.2282.
Location & Mailing Address:
- 4 Koret Way, LR-102, Box 0563
- San Francisco, CA 94143-0563
- (415) 514.2282
- (415) 514.9264 (Fax)
Directions from 513 Parnassus Avenue:
1) Enter 513 Parnassus and walk through the lobby toward the Nobel Wall. Go up the stairs on the right to the second floor. Continue outside through the sliding glass doors; you are now in Saunders Court. Straight ahead of you is the School of Nursing.
2) Enter the School of Nursing, proceed up the stairs to the third floor and out through the glass doors.
3) Walk a short distance up the covered walkway; the LR building is on your left.
4) The office of The Haile T. Debas Academy of Medical Educators is first on your right once you have entered the LR building.